We are very excited to announce the next version of Render (Render v1.1) is available! All of these features also apply to any other versions of 1.1, such as 1.1.2.
What’s New in Render v1.1
• Admin (Read-only)
- This person can follow the project along with the admin and see all of the configuration, but can only change their own email, phone, Skype or interface language. Any number of people can be assigned this role. Any user with this role must be assigned a password.
• Multiple Consultants (Single Language)
- A project can have more than one consultant that speaks the same language.
- Consultant language, now, can be configured in Project Configuration. If a project currently has a consultant, the language will automatically be set to the current language.
• Initialize button for USB device – Render Stick Sync in Admin Project Configuration
• HTTPS web sync
- Increased security during transfer of data
• Updated Admin icons and pages
• Various bug fixes
In order to have a successful update please follow the steps below:
1. Finish any work/progress in current role
2. Sync the device
3. Close Render
4. Ensure your device is connected to the internet
5. Reopen Render
a. A prompt to update will appear
b. Choose “OK.” Do not press “Skip.”
c. If you cannot download at this time, press red “X” in right corner
i. You can also download Render here (which requires uninstall first)
6. The new version of Render will download and automatically merge your current project files
a. A splash screen (small blue Render box) will appear while merging
i. Do not close Render
7. Render will open to the login page upon successful install and merge.
Adjustments/Changes to be aware of:
1. Consultant Check role now requires Admin to assign sets
a. Any sets that the Consultant worked on in v1.0 are automatically assigned.
b. Be sure to review/assign any sets the Consultant has not worked on. See LINK Admin: Assign Sets
2. All devices in a project must be updated to 1.1 in order for work/progress to be seen after Render update.
a. If one device is on v1.0 and attempts to sync work from a device on v1.1, it will not receive the work from the device on Render v1.1.
As always, we are happy to answer questions and/or provide any necessary assistance. Contact us.