Log files are something every Configure role should be familiar with. They can give you good information on issues you may be having with functionality like sync, and can give specific reasons why something isn't working. Most notably, Render Tech Support will request that you send the log files of the computer you're having issues with almost every time you submit a support ticket, so knowing how to find these files will be very important. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to find these files:
1. Open "File Explorer" on your PC.
2. On the left side of the File Explorer window, click on "This PC".
3. Under "Devices and drives," double click on the drive labelled "OS (C:)".
4. Double click on the "Render" folder.
5. In this folder you should see a number of files and folders, including our 4 Render log files. The names of these files are as follows:
- Render.log (or Render)
- LastRun.log (or LastRun)
- PreviousLastRun.log (or PreviousLastRun)
- BeforePreviousLastRun.log (or BeforePreviousLastRun)
These files contain information on just about everything done in Render the last four times the software was opened. This info is important to our technical support team as they try to help you with any problems you may be experiencing with the software. The files are pretty small, so they can easily be attached to an email and sent off to our support team with your support ticket.