Please follow the steps below exactly to download the demo version.
- Navigate to your OS (C:) drive on your device.
- Find the folder titled “Render.”
- Delete this folder or name it something else. It cannot be called “Render” if you want to download this demo.
- Once you do not have any folders titled “Render” in the C: Drive, you are good to move to the next step.
Note this is different than adding a project with a project ID as it will download an exact copy of a project with various sets pushed to different parts of Render.
- First, download the demo files. The files will download as a .zip file.
- Now, either open the folder that was downloaded or navigate to the “Downloads” folder on your device and find the folder titled “render-for-demoing”.
- Now, double click on the “render-for-demoing” folder to see its contents.
- If you see two folders here, “Render” and “Render PUSHED FOR DEMOING 2.3” at the top of the page, click “Extract All.”
- When the box comes up to select a location, click “Browse.”
- Navigate to your OS (C:) drive on your device. This is likely located under “This PC” as Windows (C:).
- When the C: Drive is selected, click “Select Folder.”
- You should have the destination folder as C:\.
- Make sure the box is checked next to “Show extracted files when complete.
- Click “Extract.” It may take a while as there are a lot of files.
- You may need to input your password as you are copying something to the C: Drive.
- After the files are extracted, the C: Drive folder will open. You can see all the files you downloaded here. You should see two folders here: “Render” and “Render PUSHED FOR DEMOING 2.3”.
- Now, in order to run your project, you will need to download Render if you have not already. Download from this link and follow the download steps when you are prompted.
After giving a demonstration, you will want to delete the work you did on the demo and start over with a new demo. This will help you do so.
- After you are done with your demo, close Render by clicking the log out button.
- Navigate to your C: Drive on your computer.
- Delete the folder titled “Render” in the C: Drive. This will delete the progress you made on the demo so you can start again.
- Now you will need to create a “fresh” Render folder to reset your demo. Copy the folder titled “Render PUSHED FOR DEMOING 2.3”. Always leave this folder with this name in the C: Drive.
- Paste this folder in the C: Drive.
- After it is done pasting, change the name of the new folder to “Render.”
- Now, launch Render and you will have the demo reset to the beginning of all of the roles.