After translating a set, the user assigned to Peer Review will listen to the recording. They will either pass the translation to the next step of Render, Community Check Set Up, or they will suggest a revision. A passage with a suggested revision will have a Listen to Note button (listed below).
When you login as a Translator, you will know there is revision work to complete by the Revise icon highlighted in yellow.
Render will display the Revise screen as below:
1. Home button
2. Set title listen
3. Set translation player
4. Set source player
5. Passages select box
A. Passage listen players
B. Listen to a note button
C. Re-Record button
6. Finished button
Hitting the Home button (1) will bring you back to your Home page. If you click Home and go back into your Peer Revise button, you will be brought back to the Peer Revise Select page. Clicking Play on the Set Title (2) will play the description of the set you are working on.
This page has everything you will need to hear your peer’s suggestions and re-record a passage if needed. On the left side of the page, you can listen to your entire translation of the set (3). You can also play the set source (4).
The Passages Select box has all of your translation work split up into passages (5a). The Listen to a Note button next to a passage (5b) indicates that your peer recorded a note while reviewing this passage, which in this case is a suggested revision. As you can see above, the peer reviewer suggested a revision on Passage 1 in this set. The Re-Record button (5c) allows you to make changes to your passage based on your peer’s suggestions. When you are done with all of your changes, press Finished (6).
Steps of Peer Revise:
1. Click on a yellow headphones button.
2. Press Play to listen to the entire note.
3. Decide if you would like to re-record this passage:
• If you do want to re-record, do not record a note. Press the Re-Record button, or alternatively press the Close button then Re-Record button on the Select page next to the corresponding passage. Learn more about re-recording from the Select page here.
• If you do not want to re-record, record a note stating why you will not re-record the passage (notes in Peer Revise are only for stating why you will not re-record). Click here for steps on recording a note.