Before you begin this walkthrough, a review of the Retell Back Translate screen is available here.
Steps of Retell Back Translate:
1.Listen to the set to decide which passage to retell. Use the white arrow to move within the Select player. Usually, the first passage is a good place to start.
2.Select a passage to work on by clicking anywhere within the passage box. That passage will turn the bright blue selected color, indicating the selected passage.
You will be at the Retell Back Translation Record page. It will look like this:
4. Click the yellow Play button to listen to the passage. You can scrub (move) backward if you need to re-listen to a part, but you will not be able to scrub forward until you listen to the entire piece. If there is a blue knife button attached to the bottom right of the player, click here for recording with divisions in Retell.
Note: If you want to select a different passage and you’re on the Retell Record page, press Select and you will be brought back to the Select page.
5. Listen to the passage as many times as needed in order to do a retell back translation.
6. Press the yellow Record button and speak your retell back translation into your microphone.
7. Press Stop.
8. Press the yellow Play button to listen to your retell back translation of the passage. You can scrub backward if you need to re-listen to a part, but you will not be able to scrub forward until you listen to your entire retell back translation.
9. If you would like to record again, you need to delete what you just recorded. Hit the Delete button.
10. You will now have a yellow Record button. Follow steps five through eight above until you have a retell back translation you would like to submit.
11. When you are happy with your retell back translation, click Submit.
Once you've completed a passage Retell, Render will bring you to the Passage Review page. Learn more about it here.